Throughout its history — reaching back to its earliest days as an all-girl Catholic boarding school — Middleburg Academy (then Notre Dame Academy) has welcomed the enrollment of qualified students from around the world. We value the diversity that students of other cultures bring to our classrooms and co-curricular offerings, and appreciate their many contributions to the creation of a vibrant campus atmosphere. As the best possible preparation for American college and university life, we encourage international students to spend all of their high school years with us.
Middleburg Academy has continually adapted and enhanced its support efforts for the members of its international community. Today, we proudly offer our most comprehensive International Program to date.
We understand that a welcoming, encouraging, and supportive environment is essential for our international students to be happy and successful in their high school careers. Our faculty and staff seek to immerse students in both an American education and the surrounding culture to promote a more enriching experience.
Our International Coordinator, Mrs. YuYan Moore, will help you through every step of the application process. Please download our International Student Application to see the admission requirements and review the admissions process. Mrs. Moore is happy to answer any questions you may have and can be contacted at 703-888-6156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Student Services
To ensure our international students have a successful experience, Middleburg Academy provides the following services:
- Airport pick-up (Dulles IAD only).
- Arrival Orientation to assist with bank account setup, cell phone services, Virginia medical evaluation and State Health Form, student health insurance, and school supplies.
- Communication between the school, parents, students, and host family/representative.
- Specialized social activities, outings, and dinners.
- Ongoing support by our International Coordinators including one-on-one student meetings, cultural adjustment group discussions, and academic performance conferences with students and faculty members.
- Assistance with arranging a local Homestay.
The International Program provides weekly support classes that focus on reading, writing, and study skills. Students also receive specialized instruction training them to be successful both in their academic studies and the American social environment.