Assistant Director of Advancement
Reports to the Director of Advancement and will advance the following institutional priorities:
- Plan and execute programs that enhance the visibility and public perception of the academy.
- Organize activities that support the admission, marketing, and development objectives of the academy.
Specific responsibilities to advance these priorities include the following:
- Implement and execute a strategic marketing plan and staff the work of the marketing committee.
- Manage media relations, including writing press releases and cultivating relations with local media.
- Manage and update the academy website.
- Attend school events and take photographs for publications.
- Oversee the production of school publications, including the annual report, school directory, student handbook, course catalog, and event invitations and programs.
- Produce advertisements for admissions purposes.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum three years experience in marketing, communications, or public relations;
- Superb skills in writing and publication design;
- Bachelors degree; and
- Experience in independent schools preferred.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: Director of Advancement, Middleburg Academy, 35321 Notre Dame Lane, Middleburg, VA 20117.
Middleburg Academy, founded in 1965 and located in Middleburg, Virginia, is an independent, coeducational, day school for 130 students in grades 9-12.
Contact: Edwina Bell, Director of Advancement